If you or a loved one have been injured in a side-impact accident in California, trust the experienced personal injury team at MI ABOGADO ®. We will fight relentlessly to hold any and all negligent parties accountable for their wrongdoings, so you can see the maximum compensation for your losses. You deserve to see justice.
Side-impact collisions account for nearly one-third of all fatal car accidents every year. Generally speaking, vehicles are specifically designed to provide safety in head-on and rear-end collisions, where the engine and trunk provide space for the car to “crumple”, absorbing the brunt of impact so that the passengers can more easily escape injury. In the case of side-impact accidents, the vehicle provides little protection and impact absorption. Because the impact is to the side of the vehicle, rather than the front or back, drivers and passengers who are struck in a side-impact collision are especially prone to severe injuries.
Following a devastating side-impact accident, your first and only focus should be on your recovery. However, the reality is that you will likely have to dedicate countless hours contending with uncooperative insurance companies, who will fight to keep every penny of their vast profits. They have dedicated teams of investigators and lawyers who will find any way to undervalue your claim and minimize your rightful settlement. That’s why you need aggressive representation from an experienced car accident attorney with nothing but your best interests in mind.
Based in Los Angeles but proudly serving clients across the state of California, MI AOGADO ® has represented nearly 300,000 clients just like you in their personal injury lawsuits, with 96% seeing results. Founding Attorney Javaheri takes side-impact accident cases personally, as his sister was involved in a devastating T-bone accident in her early twenties. Attorney Javaheri was able to see firsthand the devastating toll a car crash takes on those involved and their families, and that’s why he makes it his mission to get justice for accident victims like his sister.
MI ABOGADO ® also understands that the last thing that victims of side-impact accidents need, while trying to rebuild their lives, is to have to be further burdened by legal fees just to see justice. That’s why we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t get paid until you see a just settlement for your losses. Let us fight for you, your best interests, your family, and your future. We are ready to get started advocating for you today.
Types of Side-Impact Accidents
Side-impact accidents can come in multiple forms and can result in different levels of severity and lead to various injuries. The most common types of side-impact collisions include, but are not limited to:
- T-Bone Accidents. A T-bone collision is, by far, the most serious type of side-impact accident. This type of accident occurs when one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle head-first, creating a “T” shape. Because this accident typically occurs at high speeds, and the vehicle receiving the side impact doesn’t have the protection of the engine at the front of the trunk at the back, the impact can lead to devastating injuries, if not fatalities.
- Backing Up Accidents. Similar to T-bone accidents, a backing up accident occurs when a car collides with the side of another vehicle from the rear. This most commonly occurs in parking lots, where it is difficult to get a clear view of what is happening behind the vehicle and there are many moving vehicles coming from various directions. This accident generally occurs at lower speeds, but can still result in devastating injuries.
- Sideswipe Accidents. A sideswipe accident occurs when a car scrapes against the side of another. This most often occurs when merging, changing lanes, or backing out of parking spaces without properly judging the amount of space between the cars. Even though there is more scraping occurring than impact, these accidents can still result in significant injuries.
- Angled Accidents. An angled accident occurs most commonly when one driver fails to yield to another or doesn’t see another when merging into traffic or changing lanes. This results in an angled side impact where a driver collides with the side of another vehicle but is angled forward.
- Rollover Accidents. A rollover accident occurs when a vehicle is impacted such that it falls sideways, flips upside down, or begins to roll. Rollover accidents are almost always due to impact to the side of the vehicle.
The statute of limitations for side-impact accidents is two years from the date of the accident or the date the injuries became apparent for personal injury and wrongful death claims. The statute of limitations for property damage claims resulting from side-impact accidents is three years.
Common Injuries Sustained in Side-Impact Accidents in California
Like any vehicular accident, the severity of the injuries resulting from a side-impact accident can range greatly. Even comparatively “minor” accidents can result in significant harm. Regardless of the severity, all side-impact accident victims deserve to see compensation for their harm, emotional and physical.
The injuries that side-impact accidents most often result in include, but are not limited to:
- Lacerations, scrapes, and cuts
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints and sprains
- Burns, including friction burns
- Whiplash injuries
- Internal injuries
- Tissue damage
- Facial injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries, sometimes resulting in paralysis
- Head injuries, including concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries
- Permanent disabilities and impairments
- Mental and emotional traumas such as anxiety conditions and PTSD
How California Personal Injury Law Firm MI ABOGADO ® Can Help You with Your Side-Impact Accident Claim
With over a quarter of a million clients served with a 96% success rate, the experienced team at MI ABOGADO ® has significant experience across the field of personal injury law, recovering millions for clients in the process. We have been recognized by many prestigious organizations for our accomplishments and expertise in the field. Through this experience, we’ve come to learn that our clients need to make their recovery their first priority. That’s why we offer comprehensive services, from day one to payout, so you can rest while we take care of the rest.
We will put our extensive network of medical professionals across California to work, ensuring that you are receiving the finest standard of medical care. Then we’ll take on the uncooperative insurance companies and lawyers, guiding you through the process every step of the way. We will fight aggressively to secure the maximum possible settlement for your losses.
MI ABOGADO ® does things differently. Founding Attorney Javaheri worked for the big law firms and saw how often client concerns were pushed to the side. Those law firms were more concerned with their image and their bottom line than they were their clients. The clients were pushed off to case managers, who are trained in customer service and not the law, and the casework was pushed off to para/ legals and inexperienced associates. Attorney Javaheri founded MI ABOGADO ® so that he can dedicate his time and attention to his clients, limiting the number of active cases he takes to ensure that he can personally be available to every client who trusts MI ABOGADO ® with their claim. We believe that bigger isn’t always better. Better service is better.
Contact Our Experienced Los Angeles Side-Impact Accident Attorney Today
The experienced personal injury team at MI ABOGADO ® believes that, following a devastating side-impact accident, with medical bills and lost wages weighing heavily, you shouldn’t have to be further burdened to seek justice for what you’ve lost. That’s why we will not take any fee upfront. We do not get paid until we secure a settlement for you – it’s as simple as that. While no amount of money could possibly undo the pain and hardship you’ve endured following a side-impact accident, it can help offset your losses and help you rebuild your life on the best possible footing.
MI ABOGADO ® offers free and confidential consultations and second opinions. Contact us today. We are ready to start fighting for you today.