Settled on 840 miles of a picturesque coastline, California offers an unparalleled boating experience. Whether out for a leisurely cruise or engaging in more adventurous water activities, boating does present unique hazards. If you or a loved one were injured as a result of a boating accident in California, turn to the skilled and seasoned personal team at MI ABOGADO ®. It is our mission to tirelessly pursue justice, hold negligent parties accountable for their wrongdoings, and fight to maximize your rightful settlement. You deserve to see just compensation for the pain you have suffered.
Serving clients across the state of California with immense pride, MI ABOGADO ® has represented nearly 300,000 clients like you, with a 96% success rate. At MI ABOGADO ®, we understand the profoundly devastating impact that a boat accident takes, and we are committed to delivering results. We take boat accident claims on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay us unless you are rightfully compensated. We’re ready to start fighting for you today.
Common Causes of Boat Accidents
Boat accidents can occur for a wide variety of reasons, often a result of negligence on the part of one or more parties. The law surrounding boat accidents is complex, and it is challenging to identify who acted negligently, especially without the assistance of an experienced California personal injury attorney. Some common causes of boat accidents include:
- Operator negligence
- Operating a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Hazardous weather conditions
- Equipment failure
- Inadequate safety measures
Common Boat Accident Injuries
Boating accidents are incredibly serious and can result in devastating, even fatal injuries. Some common injuries sustained as a result of boat accidents include:
- Scrapes, lacerations, and abrasions
- Back and neck injuries, including spinal cord damage.
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Bone fractures
Who Can Be Held Liable for Boat Accidents?
It is essential to identify who was responsible for the accident in order to pursue a successful boat accident claim under California personal injury law. MI ABOGADO ® is prepared to assist in identifying any and every negligent party and is committed to bringing them to justice so you can see your rightful settlement. Parties often liable for boat accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Boat Operators. Most often, the person responsible for a boat accident is the person who was operating the boat. If the operator was negligent, reckless, or didn’t adhere to safety regulations, they can be held responsible for the accident. This includes operating under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding, or failing to take dangerous weather conditions into account. A boat operator may be an acquaintance, a hired captain, or an employee of a charter boat company, among others.
- Boat Owners. Boat owners may also be held liable if they allowed an inexperienced or unqualified individual to operate their boat, which resulted in an accident. Boat owners are also responsible for the maintenance of their vessel. If they failed to address known issues, didn’t provide necessary safety equipment, or failed to conduct regular maintenance, they may be liable for the resulting accident. Boat owners are not limited to private individuals, and may be larger corporate entities.
- Boat Manufacturers. If the boat accident was caused by or contributed to by a defective, malfunctioning, or flawed boat, the manufacturer, distributor, and retailer may be held liable. If the accident was the result of engine issues, and the engine was produced by a separate manufacturer, they may also be held accountable.
- Boat Rental Companies. Companies who rent boats have a duty to provide safe vessels, clear instructions for operators and passengers, and adequate safety equipment. If the company fails to do so, they may be held liable for accidents occurring during the contracted rental period.
How Los Angeles Personal Injury Law Firm MI ABOGADO ® Can Help You with Your Boat Accident Claim
At MI ABOGADO ®, nothing comes before the health and wellbeing of our clients. Our comprehensive personal injury services include medical care coordination, where we use our extensive network of trusted medical professionals to ensure you’re receiving the best medical care possible. You focus on your recovery, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Once we know your medical care is in good hands, the experienced team at MI ABOGADO ® will conduct an extensive investigation of the boat accident, collecting evidence and gathering statements from witnesses. Armed with that information, we will determine which parties can be held liable for the accident, building the strongest possible case against them tailored to your unique needs and circumstances.
From there, negotiations begin. No matter how big or powerful, MI ABOGADO ® is prepared to take on every party and every insurance company, advocating for your best interest and fighting for the maximum possible settlement every step of the way. If we cannot reach a fair settlement addressing the full extent of the harms you have suffered through negotiations, we’re ready to take your case to court to ensure you see justice and just compensation. MI ABOGADO ® does things differently, offering the timely, responsive, and effective advocacy only a boutique practice can provide.
Contact Our Experienced Los Angeles Boat Accident Attorney Today
MI ABOGADO ® proudly serves clients from San Diego and San Jose from our office in Los Angeles. It is our core belief that, following a boat accident, you shouldn’t be further burdened by attorney’s fees just to see accountability for the harms you’ve faced. That’s why we take boat accident claims on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t get paid unless you see your rightful settlement.
Contact us today for a free and confidential consultation, or reach out for a second opinion. We’re ready to help you see justice and rightful compensation.