Agriculture keeps California running, sustaining communities and driving economic prosperity. California is home to some of the most beautiful and productive farms in the nation, but working in the agricultural industry has inherent risks which can lead to severe physical and emotional injuries, along with financial strain.
If you or a loved one were involved in a farm accident in California, and sustained injuries as a result, turn to the trusted professionals at MI ABOGADO ® for responsive, reliable, and relentless representation. Our team is skilled and seasoned, prepared to guide you through the complexities of farm accident claims. At MI ABOGADO ®, we are committed to upholding the rights of individuals injured in farm accidents, demanding justice, accountability, and rightful compensation. You deserve to see results for the harm you have suffered.
The experienced legal team at MI ABOGADO ® recognizes the unique challenges faced by individuals involved in farm accidents. Whether you’re a farm worker, agricultural laborer, or bystander caught in the unfortunate crossfire, our team is committed to securing justice and the maximum possible compensation. Navigating the aftermath of a farm accident requires more than just legal representation. You need compassion, understanding, and a steadfast commitment to justice and accountability.
ABOGADO ® understands the physical, emotional, and financial toll that farm accidents take on victims and their loved ones. That’s why we take farm accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay for our comprehensive services until we secure a just settlement for you. Having proudly served nearly 300,000 clients like you with 96% seeing results, MI ABOGADO ® is ready to start fighting for you today.
Understanding Farm Accidents in California
Farms are not easy to keep running, and farm upkeep requires dozens of different tasks, each presenting unique hazards. Farm accidents encompass a wide variety of incidents, from machinery malfunctions to injuries caused by animals. The leading causes of farm accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Heavy Equipment Accidents: Farms rely on a variety of heavy machinery on the daily, including tractors, combines, and plows. The leading cause of farm accidents is heavy equipment accidents, especially tractor overturns. Malfunctions, defects, operator error, or inadequate maintenance can lead to serious accidents, posing a significant risk to those working with or around the equipment.
- Chemical Exposure: Pesticides, fertilizers, and similar chemicals are integral to farm work. Accidental exposure or contact without adequate safety measures in place can result in significant health conditions including poisoning and respiratory issues. This can affect anyone working on the farm along with nearby residents.
- Slips and Falls: Uneven terrain, wet surfaces, and inadequate safety measures can lead to slip and fall accidents. These accidents can lead to severe injuries.
- Animal-Related Accidents: Many farms are home to livestock, and interactions with animals can pose a significant risk, including kicks, bites, and contracting animal-borne illnesses.
Common Injuries Sustained in Farm Accidents
Just as farm accidents take on many forms, so do the injuries they cause. Farm accident injuries can range from minor to severe, with may follow the victim for a lifetime. They are also frequently fatal. Common injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Cuts, abrasions, and lacerations
- Blood loss
- Fractured bones
- Crush injuries
- Internal injuries, including organ damage
- Head injuries, including skull fractures and traumatic brain injuries
- Back and neck injuries, including spinal cord injuries
- Chemical burns
- Respiratory issues
- Wrongful death
Who Can Be Held Accountable for Farm Accidents?
Determining liability for farm accidents can be complex, especially because more than one party can be liable. Potentially responsible parties include:
- Farm Owners and Farm Operators: Under California law, farm owners and operators are responsible for maintaining a safe working environment, adhering to all the relevant safety regulations. If they fail to do so, they can be held accountable for any accidents resulting from their shortcomings.
- Employers: Employers owe their employees a safe working environment under California law, along with supplying adequate training and safety equipment. If the employer fails to meet vital safety standards, they may be liable. Provided the accident occurred while working or within the scope of work duties, compensation is available under workers’ compensation benefits regardless of where the fault lies.
- Equipment Chain of Supply: If a defect or malfunction in machinery or equipment contributed to the accident, the manufacturer, distributor, and seller may be held liable under products liability law.
- Third-Party Contractors: If contractors are involved in farm operations and contribute to the accident by behaving negligently, they may be held accountable.
- Chemical Suppliers: Agriculture involves frequent contact with chemicals that can be dangerous if stored or used improperly. Providers of agricultural chemicals may be held liable for injuries caused by contact with or exposure to a chemical.
How Los Angeles Personal Injury Law Firm MI ABOGADO ® Can Help You with Your Farm Accident Claim
MI ABOGADO ® takes a comprehensive, client-centric approach to farm accident cases. Your health and recovery is always the priority. Our comprehensive farm accident representation begins with medical care coordination. We will put our extensive network of trusted medical professionals to work for you, so we know that you’re receiving the best possible medical care. You focus on your recovery while we take care of the rest.
Simultaneously, the skilled and seasoned team at MI ABOGADO ® will conduct a thorough investigation of the farm accident, collecting evidence and witness statements to best ascertain which parties can be held liable for your injuries. Once we know where the fault lies, we will work with you to build the strongest possible case for compensation, tailored to your unique needs, goals, and circumstances.
From there, we bring your case to negotiations. What sets MI ABOGADO ® apart is our steadfast dedication to upholding your rights, exemplified by our aggressive and relentless advocacy, fighting for the maximum possible compensation. If we cannot reach a settlement that addresses the full extent of your losses at this juncture, we’re prepared to take your case to court so you see accountability, justice, and your rightful compensation. MI ABOGADO ® does things differently, offering the timely, responsive, and individualized representation that only a boutique practice can provide.
Contact Our Experienced Los Angeles Farm Accident Attorney Today
MI ABOGADO ® proudly serves clients from San Diego and San Jose from our home office in Los Angeles. We understand that a farm accident doesn’t just take a physical toll, but also a financial toll. That’s why we operate on a contingency fee basis. In short, you don’t pay us until we secure a settlement for you.
Contact us today for a free and confidential consultation, or second opinion on your farm accident claim. We’re ready to help you seek justice and rightful compensation. Trust MI ABOGADO ® to be your advocate, guiding you through the process with expertise, compassion, and a commitment to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our clients. Our team stands with you every step of the way.